Hawaii State Bar Number: 4828
Admitted to practice in all courts in the State of Hawaii and the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1988
Born: December 28, 1960
- University of Washington, B.A., 1983
- University of Utah
- College of Law, J.D., 1988
- Candidate for Associate of Risk Management (ARM)
- Expected completion date, 12/07.
- Insurance Defense Attorney, 1988 to present
- 19 years of representing insurance carriers and their insureds in no-fault, bodily injury, UIM/UM, premises liability and insurance related litigation matters in Hawaii State and Federal Courts and the Insurance Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
- 19 years at one law firm—name changes noted below:
- Law Offices of Katharine M. Nohr as of 7/1/07
- Miyagi, Nohr & Myhre, 1998 to 6/30/07
- Reid, Richards & Miyagi, 1993 to 1998
- Davis, Reid & Richards, 1988 to 1993
Principal---Nohr Sports Risk Management, LLC, 2006 to present
- Provides sports risk management consulting to sports organizations and events.
Judge (Per Diem), Honolulu District Court, 2002-2005
- Assigned to Family Court, Special Division.
- Heard matters on the following calendars: mental health commitment, guardianship, adoption, paternity, temporary restraining orders, juvenile, and divorce.
District Court Rules Committee, 1998 to present.
President, Honolulu Association of Insurance Professionals, 2006-2007
Hawaii State Council Director, National Association of Insurance Women (NAIW), 2006-2007
Regional Coordinator for Officials for USA Triathlon for the Pacific, 2003-present
Certified USA Triathlon Official, Cat. 2
Certified International Triathlon Union Official, Level 2
Officiated 2004 Olympic Trials for triathlon, multiple World Cups, Kona Ironman World Championships, and age group world championship.
Risk Management and Legal Committees for USA Triathlon, 2002-2005
- Annual Speaker at Hawaii Claims Manager's Association, 2004-2007
- Honolulu Claims Association, September 2007, and previous years
- Hawaii Bar Association Seminar "Crash", September 2006
Frequently conducts seminars related to insurance coverage and no-fault-seminars provided to GEICO, DTRIC, Island Insurance Co., AIG Hawaii Insurance Co., Allstate, Fairmont and other companies.
USAT Race Directors Certification Clinic, 2/07.
USAT Certification Clinics for new officials, 2004 to present.
- Taught sessions on Sports Risk Management and Sports Law
- Hawaii Motor Vehicle Collision Manual, 3rd Edition, 2006, Personal Injury Protection Chapter
- Hawaii Motor Vehicle Collision Manual, 3rd Edition, 1999, No-Fault Chapter
- "The Ball Is In Your Court" column, which appears regularly in the newsletter - "Risk Management for Campus Recreation".
- Editorial Board - "Risk Management for Campus Recreation", 2006 - present.
- Under contract to write book for publisher Human Kinetics, manuscript submitted, April 2007. Topic: Sports Risk Management.
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Honolulu Association of Insurance Professionals
- National Association of Insurance Women
- USA Triathlon